Driving innovation & accelerating growth across the hydrogen value chain in the Nordic countries.
REGISTER, TO JOIN H2ValueChain 2022: CLICK HERE
SEE RECORDING FROM H2ValueChain 221: CLICK HERE
Program 2021 18th of March: see below
There is now a strong momentum and early market implementation of hydrogen and fuel cell initiatives in the Nordic countries.
Interestingly, each country’s hydrogen industry has a slightly different focus, mirroring different industrial structures and technological expertise areas, such as:
- Norway is particularly active in maritime applications and has leading technology companies across both the blue and green hydrogen value chains, including storage and distribution.
- Denmark is working hard on combining its existing stronghold as a wind industry leader with hydrogen production across a range of transport applications.
- Sweden is focusing on reinventing its heavy industries such as steel production, while also moving forward in the heavy trucks industry and fuel cell technologies.
- Finland launched their ambitious hydrogen Roadmap 13th of November 2020
- Icelandic New Energy has launched “2030 Vision for Hydrogen in Iceland”, 26th of June 2020.
Whereas their focus differs slightly at a national level, the combined forces of the Nordic countries create opportunities for more entrepreneurship and innovation across technologies and market applications.
Join our online seminar to understand how the Nordic hydrogen industry can further drive innovation and stimulate market growth. We will discuss the role of the industry in shaping the future hydrogen economy and showcase inspiring industrial projects and initiatives across the value chain with the ambition to accelerate the next wave of Nordic hydrogen technology companies.
Knut Linnerud, Cluster Manager, H2Cluster Moderator: Daniel Ras-Vidal, CEO, Kjeller Innovation
|Part 1: Positioning the Nordic´s hydrogen industry|
|09.10||Nordic Hydrogen Partnership (NHP) |
Tejs Laustsen Jensen, chairman of the board NHP (CEO, Hydrogen Denmark)
|09.15||Hydrogen Europe – role in relation to the Nordic region|
Steffen Møller-Holst, Executive board member, Hydrogen Europe (Vice President Marketing, Hydrogen Technologies, SINTEF, chairman of the board NHF)
|09.23||Hydrogen Europe – critical success factors for the industry|
NN, title, Hydrogen Europe (tbc)
|09.31||Strategic position of the Norwegian hydrogen industry: findings from study |
Jan Glendrange, Founding Partner, Zynk Communication & Leadership
|09.50||PANEL DEBATE |
Moderator: Christine Holtan Bøgh, Head of Transport Policy, Zero – – Steinar Eikaas, VP Low Carbon Solutions
– EquinorBjørn Holsen, SVP Business development, Statkraft
– Tor Erik Hoftun, BDO, TECO 2030
– NN, title, Ørsted (tbc)
– Håkon Haugli, CEO, Innovation Norway
|10.20||10 min break|
|Part 2: Gamechangers in the Nordics|
|10.30||Accelerating the transition to fossil-free steel manufacturing at scale |
Henrik Henriksson, incoming CEO of H2 Green Steel (tbc)
|10.40||Copenhagen – global hub for sustainable fuels|
Mads Nipper, CEO, Ørsted (tbc)
|10.50||HySHIP: inside Europe’s flagship hydrogen ship demonstrator project |
Per Brinchmann, VP Special Projects, Wilhelm Wilhelmsen (tbc)
|11.00||Value chain for green hydrogen and green ammonia |
Magnus Krogh Ankarstrand, Head of Yara Clean Ammonia, Yara
|11.25||5 min break|
|Part 3: Accelerating and de-risking innovation|
|11.30||European Green Hydrogen Acceleration Centre |
Jacob Ruiter, CEO Benelux, EIT InnoEnergy
|11.45||Nordic H2Launcher – accelerator program |
Daniel Ras-Vidal, CEO, Kjeller Innovation/ H2Cluster
|11.55||Connecting start-ups with finance |
Magnus Agerström, Managing director, Cleantech Scandinavia (tbc)
|12.05||PANEL DEBATE – challenges and opportunities for start-ups? Moderator: Daniel Ras-Vidal, CEO, Kjeller Innovation |
– Jacob Ruiter, CEO Benelux, EIT InnoEnergyGreenstat
– Vegard Frihammer, CEO
– John Egil Johannessen, Investment Manager, Nysnø Climate Investments
– Bjørn Simonsen, CEO, Saga Pure (tbc)
– Kathrine Ryengen, CCO, ZEG Power
– Magnus Agerström, Managing director, Cleantech Scandinavia (tbc)
|Meet some of our speakers!|
|Tejs Laustsen Jensen Chairman of the Board, Nordic Hydrogen Partnership & CEO, Hydrogen Denmark||Steffen Møller-Holst Executive board member, Hydrogen Europe & VP Marketing Hydrogen Technologies, SINTEF||Jan Glendrange Founding Patner, Zynk Communications & Leadership|
|Christine Holtan Bøgh Head of Transport Policy, Zero||Maria Persson Gulda CTO, H2 Green Steel||Magnus Krogh Ankarstrand President Yara Clean Ammonia, Yara International|
|Daniel Ras-Vidal CEO, Kjeller Innovation/ H2Cluster||Magnus Agerström Managing Director, Cleantech Scandinavia||Jacob Ruiter CEO Benelux, EIT InnoEnergy|