Driving innovation & accelerating growth across the hydrogen value chain in the Nordic countries.
REGISTER, TO JOIN H2ValueChain 2022: CLICK HERE
SEE RECORDING FROM H2ValueChain 221: CLICK HERE
Program 2021 18th of March: see below
There is now a strong momentum and early market implementation of hydrogen and fuel cell initiatives in the Nordic countries.
Interestingly, each country’s hydrogen industry has a slightly different focus, mirroring different industrial structures and technological expertise areas, such as:
- Norway is particularly active in maritime applications and has leading technology companies across both the blue and green hydrogen value chains, including storage and distribution.
- Denmark is working hard on combining its existing stronghold as a wind industry leader with hydrogen production across a range of transport applications.
- Sweden is focusing on reinventing its heavy industries such as steel production, while also moving forward in the heavy trucks industry and fuel cell technologies.
- Finland launched their ambitious hydrogen Roadmap 13th of November 2020
- Icelandic New Energy has launched “2030 Vision for Hydrogen in Iceland”, 26th of June 2020.
Whereas their focus differs slightly at a national level, the combined forces of the Nordic countries create opportunities for more entrepreneurship and innovation across technologies and market applications.
Join our online seminar to understand how the Nordic hydrogen industry can further drive innovation and stimulate market growth. We will discuss the role of the industry in shaping the future hydrogen economy and showcase inspiring industrial projects and initiatives across the value chain with the ambition to accelerate the next wave of Nordic hydrogen technology companies.
Moderator: Daniel Ras-Vidal, CEO, Kjeller Innovasjon AS
09.00 – 09.10 Welcome/ introduction by Knut Linnerud, Cluster Manager, H2Cluster
PART 1 | Positioning the Nordic´s hydrogen industry
09.10 – 09.15 Nordic Hydrogen Partnership (NHP) by Tejs Laustsen Jensen, Chairman of the Board NHP (CEO, Hydrogen Denmark)
09.15 – 09.25 Hydrogen Europe – role in relation to the Nordic region by Steffen Møller-Holst, Executive Board Member, Hydrogen Europe (VP Marketing, Hydrogen Technologies, SINTEF, Chairman of the Board NHF)
09.25 – 09.50 Strategic position of the Norwegian hydrogen industry: findings from study by Jan Glendrange, Founding Partner, Zynk Communication & Leadership
09.50 – 10.20 PANEL DEBATE moderated by Christine Holtan Bøgh, Head of Transport Policy, Zero
- Steinar Eikaas, VP Low Carbon Solutions, Equinor
- Bjørn Holsen, SVP Business development, Statkraft
- Tor Erik Hoftun, BDO, TECO 2030
- Håkon Haugli, CEO, Innovasjon Norge
- Thorsten Herbert, Director Market Development and Public Affairs, Nel
- Tejs Laustsen Jensen, Chairman of the Board NHP & CEO, Hydrogen Denmark
10.20 – 10.30 Break
PART 2 | Gamechangers in the Nordics
10.30 – 10.40 Accelerating the transition to fossil-free steel manufacturing at scale by Maria Persson Gulda, Chief Technical Officer, H2 Green Steel
10.40 -10.50 Copenhagen – global hub for sustainable fuels by Anders Nordstrøm, Vice President and Head of Hydrogen, Ørsted
10.50 -11.00 HySHIP: inside Europe’s flagship hydrogen ship demonstrator project by Per Brinchmann, VP Special Projects, Wilhelmsen
11.00 – 11.10 Value chain for green hydrogen and green ammonia by Magnus Krogh Ankarstrand, Head of Yara Clean Ammonia, Yara International
11.10 – 11.25 Q&A
11.25 – 11.30 Break
PART 3 | Accelerating and de-risking innovation
11.30 -11.45 European Green Hydrogen Acceleration Centre by Jacob Ruiter, CEO Benelux, EIT InnoEnergy
11.45 -11.45 Nordic Hydrogen Launcher – accelerator program by Daniel Ras-Vidal, CEO, Kjeller Innovation/ H2Cluster
11.55 – 12.05 Nordic hydrogen start-ups landscape and growth/financing trends by Magnus Agerström, Managing Director, Cleantech Scandinavia
12.05 – 12.25 PANEL DEBATE – Challenges and opportunities for start-ups?
- Jacob Ruiter, CEO Benelux, EIT InnoEnergy
- Magnus Agerström, Managing Director, Cleantech Scandinavia
- Vegard Frihammer, CEO, Greenstat
- John Egil Johannessen, Investment Manager, Nysnø Climate Investments
- Bjørn Simonsen, CEO, Saga Pure
- Kathrine Ryengen, CCO, ZEG Power
12.25 – 12.30 Closing remarks
|Meet some of our speakers!|
|Tejs Laustsen Jensen Chairman of the Board, Nordic Hydrogen Partnership & CEO, Hydrogen Denmark||Steffen Møller-Holst Executive board member, Hydrogen Europe & VP Marketing Hydrogen Technologies, SINTEF||Jan Glendrange Founding Patner, Zynk Communications & Leadership|
|Christine Holtan Bøgh Head of Transport Policy, Zero||Maria Persson Gulda CTO, H2 Green Steel||Magnus Krogh Ankarstrand President Yara Clean Ammonia, Yara International|
|Daniel Ras-Vidal CEO, Kjeller Innovation/ H2Cluster||Magnus Agerström Managing Director, Cleantech Scandinavia||Jacob Ruiter CEO Benelux, EIT InnoEnergy|